mudGames

Seach the Web [will open in new window]
Google

Friday, December 03, 2004

Close calls

11:53 in with 40% on Metroid Prime 2:Echoes
---
While playing today, I had a couple of what you might call 'close calls.' I assume that most regular gamers know what this feels like.
My first today was in one of those puzzles where the goal is to get an item, but there is a timer running. If you don't get the item soon, then the timer will run out, and you will have to go back and reset it, and it's just a major pain. Well I was trying to get this item [via the double-bomb jump, which I am not so good at], and I got it at the last minute. It's an exhilarating feeling.
What was even more exciting was this. I was heading into a boss battle from the looks of things. I was low on energy. Because of the construction of the level, I couldn't go back. Luckily there were some little creatures I was able to shoot and get items from. This gave me some energy, but I still wasn't feeling secure. Well I get into the boss battle, and I'm kinda having a hard time. I am successfully doing damage to the boss, but I can't do it reliably every time I try, and it seems like every time I do try, I get damaged pretty heavily by the boss. Well it gets right down to it.

The boss has little life left, and I literally had 2 units of energy.. not 100 energy containers.. 2 single units.. It came down to it, and I nailed the shot and killed the boss, and it was awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home